Friday, December 28, 2007

Tani, Pasadena

Tani
58 E Colorado Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626) 578-9493
Type: Japanese food / Sushi
www.tanirestaurant.com
Map



I went to Tani to celebrate my anniversary with my girlfriend. We were about to go to Wokcano, but we read their menu and just weren't feeling it. They didn't seem to have enough of the special rolls that I like. So we walked down Colorado and saw some little Japanese restaurant with a sample of one of their appetizers in front. It looked really good. We looked at the menu and got kind of excited. Although the prices were pretty high, the selection of appetizers and special rolls were just to my taste.

I don't remember much of the names of the things we got, but I can tell you that every single one of them were good. I think we ordered a regular shrimp tempura or crunchy roll-- and that was still good. I think the Crab Dynamite or something was really good. That was what arrived at the table first, and that was what we saved for the last few bites. I always have to have a great bite for my last bite.

Crab Dynamite?


Crunch or shrimp tempura roll


Some more bombness


I think the Pasadena roll (2 different rolls in 1 order)


The service was good here and the food was really good. I'd say it's for surely in the top 3 places that I've tried. I still think Sushi of Naples edges it out just a little because of the price and they have the Mardi Gras roll! We spent about $80 with tip included at Tani so we can't come here too often. Maybe every few months-- although I'd love to come back whenever I want.

No comments: