Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mimi Thai Cuisine, Long Beach

Mimi Thai Cuisine
2264 Pacific Ave.
Long Beach, CA
Phone (562) 490-0011 or (562) 490-0053
Hours: Sun-Mon 11am - 9:30pm
Type: Thai food
Map






The only reason why we went to this place is because my girlfriend has the same name as the lady the place is named after. Mimi Thai Cuisine is located on Pacific Ave., but it used to be on Atlantic, so don't get lost.

The place wasn't packed when we got there, but I think it was a little later at night. We ordered the crab fried rice as usual and some fish with some sweet and sour sauce if I can recall. So the crab fried rice came and I took my first few bites. It seemed a little hard. I took more bites and I still thought something wasn't right. I finally brought it up to my girlfriend and she took her test bites and she also came up with the same results. After some quick consulting, we came to the conclusion that the rice was under-cooked. I don't know about you, but when the rice isn't right, it could make the whole meal bad. We told the lady that we thought the rice seemed under-cooked, and she said it's supposed to be like that. We think she just didn't really understand us. I'm Filipino, so I think I have some authority on rice quality, and I say that shit was under-cooked dammit.

The partly cooked crab fried rice.


The fish was whatevers to me. It wasn't as fried as I would have liked. My girlfriend liked it. The prices were about average for most Thai places I've been to. I'm estimating the total came to $22 something with tip included. I'm sure their rice isn't always like that, but my experience here won't bring me back. Sorry Mimi.

Some fried fish with sauce and veggies-- maybe pompano?

No comments: