Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sushi of Naples, Long Beach

Sushi of Naples
5470 E 2nd St
Long Beach, CA 90803 (562) 434-1122
Type: Japanese food / Sushi
Website
Map

(Jim) I know this isn't in the SGV, but I visit the LBC a few days a week, so you'll be hearing a lot from this city. So on that note, we visited Sushi of Naples on 2nd st. I've been passing this place for months without ever having step foot inside because I saw their menu on the website, and I thought their selection of rolls wasn't up to par with my standards. And I'm so glad I was wrong.
This is what we ordered:

  • Crunchy Shrimp Tempura Roll
  • Rainbow Roll
  • Volcano Roll
  • Mardi Gras Roll
  • Mushroom Bon Bon

Everything that we ordered (except for the mushroom bon bon) was surprisingly good. I've been to many sushi places and I'd have to say this place is in my top 3 at the moment. You can never really go wrong with Crunchy rolls, and rainbow rolls. The volcano roll came with about 6 good-sized pieces. All the pieces were topped with an overflowing cream sauce. The Mardi Gras Roll was my favorite. I forgot exactly what was in it, but the thing that stuck out for me was the fried onions heaped on top of the rolls. Excellent! I don't really want to talk about the Mushroom Bon Bons. They weren't horrible, but compared to the others, I'd say they didn't hold their own-- especially since it cost $12.50 for about 6 pieces. The whole meal cost about $70 with tax and tip included for two people.

The overall experience at Sushi of Naples was great. The only downside is that the prices are a little bit pricier than most other sushi places I've been to. But it totally makes it up with quality and the portions weren't too bad either. The staff was very friendly and attentive. This sushi joint has become a place that I won't just pass by and think nothing of anymore. Top 3!


No comments: