Thursday, December 20, 2007

Paradise Sushi, Hermosa Beach

Paradise Sushi
53 Pier Ave
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
(310) 379-1558
Type: Sushi / Japanese food
Map





I went here after getting a $45 surfboard off some guy. Thanks Craigslist! Anyways, this place is at the end of Pier Ave where all the shops are at. It's kind of hidden next to some hip-hop or something clothing store. It's really small inside and it's dark with lots of black light glowing decorations. There was mostly people just drinking with their friends.

When I looked at the menu, one of the first things I noticed was that the prices were pretty decent. Some of the rolls were like $3-4. Nothing was over $10 I think. Bad thing is I don't remember them having that many special/baked rolls. Always a turn-off for me. When the food came, I realized why the rolls were so cheap. They only gave like 4 for most of them. Wack. Not only that, but they weren't that great either.

We also ordered the dynamite which wasn't great. The fried oysters weren't great either.

The un-great fried oysters and dynamite


We ordered a good number of things like this one dish below which I don't remember. I don't know if I liked it or not. It was probably okay since it doesn't stick out in my mind.

something we ordered


Paradise Sushi is a cheap place to eat. I think the total bill came to like $35 or something without tip. I don't know if their drinks are cheap, but this is a good place to drink with friends and order some rolls or something just to munch on. As for having an actual meal, I wouldn't count on it satisfying the taste buds. There's another sushi place around there that you might want to try instead.

No comments: