Sunday, February 24, 2008

Kaju Tofu - Irvine

Kaju Tofu Restaurant
5408 Walnut Ave
Irvine, CA 92604
(949) 653-2849
Map

Most tofu spots are pretty much the same, so it doesn't matter that I lost the pictures I took here. I'll make this pretty quick. Their tofu soups are $8.99. A good sign is that they get packed during peak hours. Their banchan (free side dishes) are like BCD's which isn't really a good thing. Call me a spoiled brat, but I'm used to having the servers scoop my rice for me, and crack the eggs into the pots. It was all done by my lazy hands here. The soups weren't bad. You gotta be a pretty bad tofu spot to have bad soup. All in all, this place was nothing special to me. I'm still calling Tofu Village in Garden Grove and Jeun Tong Tofu House in West Covina the top tofu spots on my list.

No comments: