Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Osuna's - Walnut

Osuna's Mexican Restaurant
18746 E. Amar Rd.
Walnut, CA 91789
626-810-4101
Type: Mexican food / restaurant
Website
Map

Osuna's is located in the same plaza as Albertson's on the corner of Nogales and Amar. I've been here a few times, but it's always been to-go. The prices are a little high, so I don't come here too often. The only things I've tasted from here are the garlic fish, shrimp burrito, and lobster burrito. All the items you get to-go come with beans, some salad, and a small bag of chips and some salsa.

The filet of fish in garlic sauce seemed really plain to me. It cost about $10.85 plus tax. My girlfriend thought the same as well. I don't know why, but every time we order fish in garlic sauce at different places, it comes out really bland. We probably won't order those anymore unless it's restaurant's special dish they're known for.

filet of fish in garlic sauce... never again.


Then we come to the lobster burrito. I know that $8.25 is a lot to pay for a burrito. But this isn't a regular taco stand or Taco Bell burrito. You can't eat this burrito with just your hands and expect it to keep it's shape. This thing's stuffed full of small lobster tails. I mean almost every bite you're gonna get a piece of lobster. I hate it when restaurants get all shiesty with their ingredients. Osuna's hooks it up in this dish. Their shrimp burritos are similar too. But I'll always come back for the lobster burritos here.

gotta try their lobster burritos


Nearby cities: West Covina, La Puente, Diamond Bar, Covina, Rowland Heights

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great food and great service!!

Anonymous said...

THE place to go for REAL mexican food. Great service; really a great place to take your guests from out of town. You won't regret it!