Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Cheesecake Factory - Brea

Cheesecake Factory
120 Brea Mall
Brea, CA 92821
(714) 255-0115
Type: Italian food / restaurant / Other
Website
Get directions

Hours:
Mon - Thurs: 11am - 11:30pm
Fri - Sat: 11am - 12:30am
Sun: 10am - 11pm



Another chain restaurant? So what?! If something's good, then why hate? Although I'm not exactly saying that Cheesecake Factory is good, you shouldn't stay away from chains just cuz they're chains. Many times places become chains because... get this-- they're actually pretty good *gasp*. Nobody is gonna open the same restaurant somewhere else if people think the original place sucks. It just doesn't make business sense

So on that note, back to the review.

I've been to Cheesecake Factory a few times. Maybe like 5-7 times overall. Many times it was for a birthday or special occasion. Other times we just felt like eating there. My last time was because I got a $50 gift certificate from my bosses.

Great thing about this place: free bread. Load up on these if you're trying to save money and just get an appetizer or something.

Free brizzead


Another reason I like this place: the calamari ($8.95). The squid's not too thick, and the tartar sauce or whatever it is is great.

calamari


One thing I don't like about some Cheesecake Factorys are there aren't that many booth seats. I like eating and taking my pictures in private. I don't like sitting almost elbow to elbow with strangers when I eat. I know. I should be more social and open. Whatever. This place also can get packed during peak hours, so if you don't have a reservation, expect to wait maybe 15-30 minutes for a seat.

They have a happy hour for the bar menus on weekdays, from maybe 4-6pm.

The crabcake sandwich ($12.95) that I ordered was okay. It was big, but I for surely wouldn't get that again. It tasted better as a leftover when I had nothing else to eat at home.

Crapcake Sandwich... just kidding. It wasn't that bad but not great.


The bistro shrimp pasta ($16.95) was real good the first time I tried it. The two times after that were let-downs. I tried them at different places, and they were not good in their own ways.

Bistro Shrimp Pasta


So, was this chain restaurant worthy of my defense? Maybe for you. I myself wouldn't go back unless I got another GC or it was F-R-E-E. Pricey place. I'll hit up a sushi joint if I feel like spending that much again. Bye bye.

No comments: