Sunday, November 11, 2007

Taste of India, Long Beach

Taste of India
2620 Long Beach Blvd
Long Beach, CA 90806
(562) 595-7525
Type: Indian food
Get directions

I gotta thank this place for introducing me to Indian food. Actually, the first time I had Taste of India is the one in Fountain Valley on Warner and Magnolia. I'm not exactly sure if they're the same company, but they seem pretty much the same.

Taste of India is a fast food Indian joint serving their food like the fast food Chinese restaurants do-- I can't think of the name of that style right now (if there is a name). They usually have about 8 to 10 different entrees you can choose from that are ready-made. I think you can choose other stuff that's cooked to order. I like this place because they have a good amount of vegetarian dishes. My favorite is the creamed spinach "aloo saag" which I always order when I go there. You can order the entrees in combinations with some basmati rice, naan, and a saldad, or by themselves. The price for a 3 item combo is about $7-8.

I like the Taste of India in Long Beach cuz they're not shiesty with their portions. The Mexican girl serving you the food usually hooks it up, and the other workers there are cool too. I haven't been going here lately because when we eat Indian, it's usually at Natraj or some all-you-can-eat buffet, but I definitely wouldn't mind going here again.

Vegetarian entrees:


Chicken entrees:

No comments: