Saturday, November 17, 2007

Star of Siam, Long Beach

Star of Siam
2109 E Broadway
Long Beach, CA 90803
(562) 439-1564
Type: Thai food
Get directions

www.starofsiamonline.com

(Jim) Star of Siam received a lot of great reviews from the people of the internet. Am I gonna be one of them? ...Kinda.

Let me start off with the not so good findings about this place. Don't worry, there's not that much. First, the prices aren't expensive, but I've seen cheaper at many other places. That one's not such a big deal. It was maybe a dollar average more for most of their stuff. The biggest thing I didn't like about this place was the portions. The Vegetable Thai Fried Rice was gone so quick between two people. We had to order more steamed rice. The entree we got wasn't so big either. For $12.95, I would hope it fills you up so you don't have to order other things. That's pretty much all the gripes I have about the place.

Vegetable Fried Rice


The best part was the fish. We ordered the Siam Apple Trout. "Trout fillet (lightly breaded) served with a wonderful green apple salsa with lime juice, green chili, garlic, palm sugar, dried shrimp and cilantro. An adventure!," were the words of the Star of Siam website. Damn that was bomb! The outside of the fish was so crispy. I don't remember there being too many bones, but I think there were some you had to watch out for. The salsa was the one that made the dish so good. All you had to do was take a spoonful of it and pour it over the fish; eat it with rice; and say "mmm..."

Siam Apple Trout


Next time I come here, I'm not ordering no fried rice. I probably won't even risk the noodle dishes, cuz I'll end up having to order something else to make me full (I eat a lot remember). It's just fish entrees and steamed rice for me over here. Thank you.

1 comment:

mimi said...

you forgot about the cup of soup. that was oh so good and cheap.