Monday, November 5, 2007

Ichikara Teppan & Sushi, West Covina

Ichikara Teppan & Sushi

450 S Glendora Ave
West Covina, CA 91790
(626) 962-1008
Type: Japanese food / Sushi
Website
Map





It's been a while since I posted any restaurant reviews, but that doesn't mean I stopped what I love doing-- going out to eat! Maybe it's cuz I've been eating too much so the laziness has been kicking in. I'll try my best to catch up on the reviews.



So first off, there's this sushi/teppan place called Ichikara in West Covina. It's like 2 minutes or less from the West Covina mall. It's on the corner of Valinda and Glendora Ave. I've always seen it whenever I drive by, but I never thought anything of it. It just seemed like a struggling business to me, so I never even bothered. I guess we ended up over here one day cuz we've tried almost all the other local sushi spots and this is one of the last frontiers to conquer.



Too bad we didn't check this place out before. When we arrived in the parking lot, there was a sign that said "10% off on take out orders" or something like that. Right there we decided we're eating sushi at home. So when we got in and checked out their menu for special rolls, I wasn't too impressed. Kinda disappointed in a way. But we learned you have to ask to see the menu for special rolls. Once we saw that, there was hope once again. It's been so long so I don't remember exactly what we ordered. Just look at the 2nd class photos I took with my camera phone and try to figure out what's in it. Anyways, we took it to go so we got our 10% off. The prices for the rolls weren't too expensive in the first place, so that extra discount was just a bonus.

Ichikara was a sleeper. I only found out about it years after driving by it. Moral of the story: don't judge a book by its cover. Don't steal that quote.

Blurry Roll, Dizzy Roll, DTCP (Don't Take with Camera Phone) Roll




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They shut down. :(