Saturday, November 17, 2007

Mink Quan, Long Beach

MINK QUAN THAI
2821 E ANAHEIM ST
LONG BEACH, CA 90804
(562) 439-3008
Type: Thai food
Map

I don't want to say too much bad stuff about this place so that you'll never try it, but I'll never go back here if I have a choice. I read that this place has a regular clientele and it gets packed on Friday nights.

The only reason we went to Mink Quan was we couldn't find another Thai place, and we were driving on a section of Anaheim St. where there's so many Thai places to choose from. We got there just before they were closing the kitchen so we had to hurry and order. We got the crab fried rice and the pad see ew. I would've ordered some kind of fish dish, but they didn't have any that I remember. Their menu is pretty limited. The only good thing about the crab fried rice was the portion. As you can see in the picture, its a pretty good sized hill.... oh wait, I took that pic after a few bites. But it was good-sized.

Crab Fried Rice


The pad see ew (if that's how you spell it) was bland. I had to try putting that chili fish sauce on it just to give it some taste-- but it didn't really work well.

Pad See Ew


So yeah. There you have it. Not a satisfied customer. Maybe it was because we came in late and the cooks just wanted to get it done... come to think of it, the food came really really fast. The only way I'll go here again is if somebody's treating :) . There's plenty of other Thai restaurants in the sea of Long Beach, so I'll keep swimming.

No comments: