Thursday, November 15, 2007

Bouchees Bistro, Long Beach

Bouchees Bistro
515 Long Beach Blvd
Long Beach, CA 90802
(562) 951-8222
Type: French food / American food / sandwiches

www.bouchees.com
Map



"Bouchees..." is that French? Well, whatever it is, it's pretty bomb. I didn't wanna go here at first, cuz I thought it was just gonna be like any other sandwich place. But, since I was hungry from work, I decided to give it a shot.

This place is located in Downtown Long Beach on Long Beach Blvd., but you have to find meter parking or park in the structures near Wal-Mart. I don't know if they validate, so you take that risk if you want.

Bouchees is I guess what you call a modern kind of place. I don't really care about that too much. What I care about is the food and the prices. Bouchees serves salads, sandwiches, burgers, soups, and appetizers. What's kinda cool about this place is that you can order mini versions of the sandwiches and burgers if: a) you're on a diet. b) you have the appetite of an infant. or c) you want to try other burgers/sandwiches. I myself would fit into the "c" category.

I didn't order the minis yet, but Mimi (my girlfriend) did. I got the organic vegetable burger-- regular-sized. That cost about $6.00. Although expensive, I would order it again. Another down-side to that is that it doesn't come with fries. I also got the crab minestrone. That was good. I would definitely order that again. Mimi got mini crab cake sandwich and the mini ahi tuna sandwich which you can customize yourself. Both of those were good. We also got the herb parmesan fries.... bomb. One thing to remember whenever you eat here is, you should try the homemade ketchup. I'm a ranch guy, but this ketchup was waaay better than anything else.

I don't know if everybody would like this place. It's a little yuppie-ish, the prices aren't that cheap, and the menu is pretty limited. I don't care. I'm going here again fo sho. Au revoir.

Crab minestrone


Crab sandwich & Ahi Tuna sandwich


Organic Veggie Burger

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt it lacked a human touch of small business. I met the "C0-Partner" and after her cold encounter I could hear her reprimanding her employees?

not the type of place I like to eat at.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful burgers! Wonderful service. It's my new favorite place to eat and I tell that to all my friends. Highly recommended!