Sunday, September 23, 2007

Jubei, Walnut

Jubei
20627 Golden Springs Dr Ste 2K
Walnut, CA 91789
Phone: (909) 869-7881
Type: Japanese food / Sushi
Map



I go to sushi restaurants for their baked/special rolls. I'm not into the raw stuff too much. Jubei has little or no special rolls that I could remember.
The best thing for me was the salmon teriyaki. I usually order that when a) I'm too broke to buy 4 different rolls, or b) They don't have any rolls that I would want to order. In this case, it was b. Their dynamite was okay but not the greatest for sure. Mimi said the sushi that they're supposedly known for didn't taste that great. They put a dab of wasabi in between the sushi and the rice. She said she thinks they do that when they want to hide the taste of the sushi.

Jubei wasn't super expensive, but it wasn't on the cheaper side of the sushi restaurant spectrum either. I surely don't wanna go here again. If you like raw sushi, you might still want to check it out cuz I've read everybody else's reviews and they loved it. Maybe it was because we got there an hour before closing that the sushi wasn't great. Oh well. Moving on.....


Shrimp Tempura roll (i think)


Rainbow Roll


Dynamite


Salmon Teriyaki was good

No comments: