Monday, July 30, 2007

Sushi Studio, Long Beach

Sushi Studio
4917 E Pacific Coast Hwy
Long Beach, CA 90804
Phone: (562) 498-9008
Type: Japanese food / Sushi
Map


(Jim) Dam. Another post in Long Beach?!! My bad. But once you hear about Sushi Studio, you might thank me later. I've been to this place a few times-- but only on certain days of the week, and a specific time period. No, I'm not waiting for the right time to catch a glimpse of majestic blue whales. I'm just trying to get a seat during their Happy Hours. Sushi Studio has pretty good sushi and rolls already. The regular prices are about average for a sushi joint. But Happy Hour is when you get the homie discount. You see, from Monday to Thursday between the hours of 3pm-6pm, they offer a select few items for just $6 each. For some items, that's almost half off! It's only like 3 or 4 items a day, but some days, I'm willing to eat just Happy Hour dishes. The Happy Hour Rolls are different everyday and I'll have to post up what they offer for each day when I remember to write it down.
I know on Wednesdays, they have the Rainbow Roll, Xtreme Crunch Roll, and Monkey Roll for just $6. The Rainbow Roll is pretty much a California Roll with raw salmon, tuna, and shrimp on top. That was really good. The Xtreme Crunch Roll is a spicy tuna roll with crunchy flakes on the outside served with some kind of sauce/oil. That one's pretty good. The Monkey Roll is a Cali Roll with slices of bananas inside and other stuff which I forgot. That one's also good, but Mi didn't really like it too much.



I eat alot, so those 3 rolls didn't do it for me. I ordered another rainbow roll and we got the stuffed mushrooms which were pretty bomb. I think the bill came out to like $32 plus tip. Whenever you're in Long Beach near the Cal State in between the hours of 3pm-6pm, and you feel like some sushi or Japanese food, and it's Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, and if it's gonna be a full moon out, and they're showing an episode of Seinfeld in it's 5th season, and the geese are flying back north, and.... you get the point. Try this place.

No comments: