Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Restaurant Shizu - West Covina

Restaurant Shizu
116 N Grand Ave
West Covina, CA 91791
(626) 966-5279
Type: Japanese / sushi
Map





I don't remember too much about this place. I just took some pictures and wrote the prices of our food. Sorry -- once again.

Shizu is located off of Grand Ave. right by the 10 freeway. It's in the same plaza as House of Louie. I've always wanted to try this place and my girlfriend said she used to come here all the time back in the day. So we went during lunch time on a weekday. I think we were one of the first ones, but more people started coming in just after us.



There's nothing fancy about the place. It was pretty plain actually. But who cares about that right? Right. Let's make this quick. I ordered the combination with salmon teriyaki ($14.99). A little pricey for lunch from my experience. Like I said, I don't remember anything about the place or the food. So let's just say it was good. I would've complained and remembered if it was really bad or good.







Next up, the dynamite appetizer ($9.95). Again, relatively a little pricey. From the looks of the picture, it seemed good.



The two handrolls we got were the salmon lover hand roll ($4) and the yellowtail with spicy crab hand roll ($4.50). I'm sure we finished these. Can't describe it though.





We also got the salmon with scallop tempura roll ($7.95). That's somewhat decent in price but then again you only get 6 pieces instead of the usual 8. Tricky, tricky, tricky. It's an intersting dish from the norm and that's why we got it.



What? We got sashimi? I don't even have it in my notes. Well here it is....



Ahh shit. I give up. I'll go back here in the future and take better notes. From the two reviews on Yelp, they really like the place. I mean it wasn't empty by the time we left. There were a good amount of people still eating. Then again, Wesco isn't really a mecca for first class sushi.

No comments: