Friday, June 27, 2008

Zagat rating just a fee away?

So my friends and I went to some Thai place called Palms Thai. If you've been there, you're familiar with the singing Elvis' they got on stage every now and then. We drove all the way here just to eat cuz it was my friend's birthday. He picked it, so I got high expectations cuz he usually knows the spot. Before we walk in, we see the Zagat Rated badge. I was like, "Oh yeah. We're grubbin tonite!" After all was said and done, it wasn't that great. You'll probably think I'm biased, but I'd way rather save gas and eat better food near my house at Banana Bay. If you're in town for other stuff, then by all means.

But here's what I'm getting at. My homie's spot (Banana Bay) isn't Zagat Rated. Our whole party thought B-Bay was better (we're just being nice Jim. just kidding!). Truthfully. I asked my friend how you get a Zagat rating. He said you just pay some fee and that's pretty much it. Now I know that's probably not all there is to it, but if that place was Zagat rated, I know other places that could put that badge on their windows.

On a side note, I was talking to my boss about the BBB (Better Business Bureau). I asked him how you get that certification, and he pretty much said you gotta fork over a few bucks and you're cool.

So if anybody knows. Is this true? All you need to get that credential and possibly more people coming to your restaurant is money? Somebody fill me in.

No comments: