Friday, June 20, 2008

Casa Alvarez - Rowland Heights

Casa Alvarez
19744 Colima Rd
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
(909) 594-6463
Type: Mexican food / dining
Map



Back on the blogging horse once again! Giddyup.

I hit up Casa Alvarez with some friends after church one day. (Yeah, I go to church..... to make my mom happy) This place is located across the street from Happy Wok, Niko Niko, etc. and is right next to Stater Bros. on Colima-- just look at the map dammit. I've been here a few times before, so unless they pulled some nasty ish on us, I'll be going back again. If all you need to know is if the place is good, it's good. The End for you. If you're a nosey person and you wanna see what we ate, follow me....

So my friend Frans, she got the Beef Chimichanga ($7.95). As you can see in the picture below, they hook it up with the guacamole and sour cream. It's like they use ice cream scoopers for it. Nice. Frans described the burrito's brother as "fried to perfection." I take that it was good. On a side note, I forgot to mention they give you free chips and salsa at the beginning of the meal.

"fried to perfection" beef chimichanga.


It's about 6 or 7pm, and everybody's ordering their burritos and tacos. I order my breakfast classic-- huevos rancheros ($7.45). It's really hard to go wrong with this dish any time of day. I mean fried eggs with some beans, cheese, and rice is simple but hard to beat. And all you beans haters can eat a... bean. Just look how big the portion is. I had a little trouble finishing it. I would definitely get this again but there's just so many other dishes, that it'll have to wait its turn.

huevos rancheros. there's a plate under there somewhere.


You ever eat with somebody that always orders some wack stuff? They take forever to figure out what they want, and when they finally decide and their food arrives, they end up regretting what they ordered. I won't mention his name, but my homie Marcus is that guy. This particular day was no different. He got the shrimp burrito ($8.55) after much "umm"ing and "uhhh"ing over the menu. When it came, he was just like, "damn, I shoulda just ordered the chimichanga." I guess I used to feel sorry for him, but now it's just funny. He said the burrito was okay but the shrimp was overcooked, and he wouldn't get again.

shrimp burrito. okay. overcooked.


My friend Camille I guess wasn't that hungry cuz all she got was a beef taco and fish taco. She said both were good but she liked the beef taco better cuz the fish used corn tortilla. I myself like corn tortillas. But oh well.

fish taco


there's probably some beef in this taco somewhere


If you're in the area, and want a Mexican restaurant with a good sized menu, good food, decent prices for the most part, keep Casa Alvarez in mind. That's it.

Hi ho Silver... away!!!

No comments: