Thursday, August 23, 2007

Gaju Soft Tofu Restaurant, Rowland Heights

Gaju Soft Tofu Restaurant
18797 Colima Rd
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
909.839.1661
Type: Korean food / tofu soup
Map



(Jim) Yuuup.... another tofu restaurant review! This one's located on Colima Ave. in Rowland Heights somewhere between Nogales and Fullerton Rd. Gaju Tofu is a good place to eat the Korean dish known as "soon tofu." Inside is a pretty small place. I estimate it sits about 20-25 people at the most. There's no music playing or TV to watch so you either better be a good converser (don't know if that's a real word), or you're comfortable with "uncomfortable silences." It's quiet if there's not many people eating.

If you love soon tofu, this place shouldn't disappoint. The sides were nice. I especially liked the two small vegetable pancakes they gave. I wanted to ask them for more, but I was too pussy to do it.



The actual tofu soup was pretty much like any others-- which really isn't a bad thing. I got the Seafood Tofu soup and Mimi got the Combination soup I believe. I like this place for two reasons:
1. The sides were good (and they gave the pancakes)
2. The prices are a little cheaper than other tofu houses

I'm going here again... most likely on Sundays (cuz there's another Tofu House closer to me that I go to but they're closed on Sundays. But I'll get to that review at another time)

No comments: