Friday, February 8, 2008

Tita's Restaurante - Buttonwillow

Tita's Restaurante
20643 Tracy Ave.
Buttonwillow, CA 93206
Phone: 661-764-5111
Type: Mexican food / Central American
Map



I hit this place up on the way back from up north. It's right off the 5 freeway... I think it's in Buttonwillow. I originally wanted to go to the Taste of India nearby but it was closed. I didn't want the Carl's Jr. that the rest of my fam was eating, so I drove across the street to this Mexican/Salvadorian restaurant. They have a decent sized menu full of the regular Mexican dishes, as well as Salvadorian stuff. I got the shrimp burrito ($9 something) cuz I couldn't make up my mind. That thing took so long to arrive that my family was already done with their burgers and fries, and were waiting for me. The place wasn't even that busy and it still took awhile. Oh well, at least you know it was fresh. Too bad I had to drive the rest of the way home (like 2 hours) without getting to eat my food hot. When I finally did, it tasted okay. Maybe it was cuz I was real hungry. They put a lot of shrimp in it and it was too big and messy to eat with your hands. I would go here again when I go up north if the Indian restaurant is closed again, and I'm not in a hurry.

No comments: